Network Marketing | Glad To Meet You, Nerdistan - Want To Join My Network Marketing Business?

While at the gym this morning, one of the news channels reported the discovery of two new planets that were approximately the same size of the earth called Nerdistan. Actually they were called Kepler-20e and Kepler-20f (you know how uncreated astrophysicists are when it comes to naming new planets and galaxies).

I started to have palpitations. Not from exercising. But from the anticipated phone call from one of my team members asking when do you think we'll be able to offer our network marketing business opportunity on Nerdistan, er, I mean Kepler? My response: probably after you sponsor your first couple of reps from planet earth.

You think this is ludicrous? Well, I think having one of my team members trying to recruit from some far off country is just as ludicrous given the fact that that same team member will not make the attempt to sponsor someone in his/her immediate area. With the pervasive internet - especially Facebook with its nearly 1 billion members, the attraction to sponsor worldwide has increased to a fever pitch.

Recently I crossed paths with someone who I recruited into one of the network marketing companies I was with a while ago. I asked him what he was up to and he said that he had joined several MLMs since he left the company we were in. He added that he recently joined another opportunity. I asked him what it was all about and he told me that he would email me the link to the online business presentation. I asked him to give me some idea of the type of opportunity he was involved with. His response was that he would not be able to do justice to his program that it would really be best if I viewed the online presentation that "they spent megabucks to create" (his words).

Come on. If someone opens the door, as I did by asking him what it was all about, it's up to you to walk in and give your prepared SHORT spiel as to what your business is all about.

Most of us have become so internet focused that we are almost clueless to the fact that there are people to sponsor right in front of us. Sure we have become experts at using social media as long as it involves tapping on a keyboard...but presenting our business in person, one-on-one is so, so 1980's and 1990's. Yet is there any better way for a prospect to gauge your level of excitement than to hear it in your voice and see it in your eyes. Somehow typing out a "WOW, FRANK, THIS OFFERS YOU A TREMENDOUS INCOME OPPORTUNITY", even with the emphatic, capitalized letters will have less of an effect on Frank than looking at him square in the eye and making the same statement.

Bottom line: Talk to people across your town while continuing to develop online prospects across the globe. I do think, however, that it's a tad too early to pack your presentation board and easel and head off to Nerdistan or Kepler-20e.