Network Marketing | Are You Working On Your Edge In Your Network Marketing Business

Having determined that my next decade (which is right around the corner) will be my very best decade ever doing two things I adore - waterskiing and business development in network marketing - I would like to draw some parallels between the two. They are metaphors for me to achieve mastery. You may find that some areas in your life where you are reaching to the next level might be comparable to other areas where you are growing. One activity can shed light on the other, as water skiing and network marketing are for me.

My ski coach encourages me to ski on my edge. In fact, there are countless tips he gives me, some I execute better than others. He sees what I am capable of and challenges me to do it. Each time I do what he says for me to do, even if I am afraid or unsure, one of two things happen:

1. I do it and delight myself with the joy of a new accomplishment.

2. I don't do it, and maybe I even fall, but I get closer for trying. Eventually, I get it, even if it takes some practices.

Everything my coach tells me to do is correct. I trust him 100% and he knows what is best for me and how to lead me to accomplish my goals. He always tells me the right things to do for me to get better.

Doesn't this sound like our business model? Don't our mentors encourage us to work on our edge? Don't they connect the dots for us? "If you will (fill in the blank, let's say make two approaches per day) you will be closer to being able to (fill in the blank, let's say, take your family to Disneyland)."

All Olympic athletes have a coach. All of my coaches (in network marketing and in water skiing) have their coaches. When I lead my team to work on their edge, I am paying forward what I have learned from the people who are skillfully and generously looking over my shoulder.

Look in your notes. Are you doing the things that those who are more experienced are telling you to do? Are you picking just the things that are easy, thus missing the chance to create massive personal and business growth?

Are you willing to start today to work on your edge?