Network Marketing | The Duality Of Internet Network Marketing

(This is an extract from our newsletter - if you would like to find out more check out the resource box)

It's a beautiful morning here in Washington DC. I woke up and went out side and just sat there for a few minutes to listen. There's a light breeze and just hearing the rustling of the leaves as gentle wind blows on them is a powerfully calming feeling.

As I sat there I thought about the Internet and how we use it. As I watched the leaves blow from one direction to the next an extremely important principle popped into my mind. Something I've never thought about directly, but just as that gentle wind blew the leaves from direction so does this affect your business, maybe without you even knowing about it.

This may be one of the most important emails that I ever send to you. If you can understand what I am about to say you'll understand the true fabric of both the Internet and using the Internet to grow your network marketing business.

Understand this . . .

Just as there are two sides to everything, a ying and yang to say, so are there two sides to your internet business and many make the mistake by not taking note of this.

There are several things that you can do to generate targeted traffic to your site and for each and every single one of them there are about 50 guys with products telling you and me how to do them the best. That's fine and it's actually a good sign because it means there truly is more than one way to skin a cat with any given traffic generation technique, but unless you realize what you're doing you can put a great deal of undue stress on yourself.

I don't mean know what you're doing in terms of being an expert in any of this stuff, I mean a goal, a vision of what your business is going to look like one year from now, and then 5 and 10 years from now.

Without this you can easily put yourself in a position where you're doing far too much for little to no appreciable result and a mind full of mixed emotions and fear.

Quite a few of the people that email me fall into this trap. (It's not their fault, it just happens to us a people if we're not aware of what's going on in our mind and let our emotions lead us.)

Their emails go something like this . . .

"John I've been doing xyz and I've generated some traffic, but no one is buying anything I'm scared, frustrated, and I think I'm going to quite."

What you think is what generally happens so when I read these words I can literally see the little spark that started their business start to flutter out.

Further . . .

Even putting things like this into writing is the wrong idea because it creates and transmits the wrong mental vibe for success, and mostly likely will send you on a downward spiral towards a negative outlook on your business. And if you're not positive about your business you're on the way out.

It's reactionary in nature. Entrepreneurs don't react they create.

And all this happens because most don't really know what they are doing. They have a vague idea that they want more money right now and they've found a business with an opportunity to fulfill that, but they don't think past it.

This happened to me when I began and it left me open to self victimization. Anything that promised me money now I bought

and subsequently failed.

Understand this about the internet . . .

There are things that you can do that are quick fixes and others that will build a foundation so that your business continues to grow for years to come.

I chose to do the later, after trying the other way.

The strategies and the mental focus differ significantly.

If you think I need to set up a PPC campaign so that I can get people into my business today because I need money right now then you'll most likely do the following.

You'll find the quickest and easiest way to put up a vaguely targeted Google Adwords campaign and just throw it out there to see what sticks.

Most of the stuff won't. And you'll say I generated some traffic but nothing is happening.

On the other hand, if you think with a long term perspective in mind on your business when you approach your marketing, even with that same exact PPC campaign you'll do things totally differently.

You'll say I want this campaign to still produce targeted traffic a year from now and I don't want to have to keep updating it all the time so let me make sure when I do my research I do it thoroughly so I won't have to do it again.

It will take longer to do, but the results are much much better both in the short and long term.

Do you see what I'm saying here?

It's where you focus you mind in your marketing that will dictate your results.

Think first of what you want and then create your internet advertising campaign around that, and what you want has to be more specific than just some targeted traffic and some leads and some people in my business so that I make money now.

Have a real defined end in mind before the game begins.

And don't think this faulty mindset is something that only happens to us as marketers. It happens to owners of network marketing companies that go out of business in just a few short years and those guys launching product after product just to see what we will buy.

These people also have a frantic "now now now" frame of mind.

Think about the type of people and companies you are dealing with just as much as yourself when doing your marketing.

Stay as far away from those with vaguely defined goals and visions of what they want no matter if they are your upline leader, company owner, or the guy you're thinking about buying an eBook from.

Well remember how I said I was listening and watching the leaves blow in the wind?

If you or you follow the advice of a person who only thinks about right now well then you become just like those leaves. You leave yourself open to whatever weather blows you're way.

If you plan and set out only to do those things that fit your plan you root yourself deep into the ground like a sturdy oak tree that ain't moving.